Nigeria stun Argentina 4-2
- Ever Banega scored the opener for Argentina after 27 minutes on Tuesday
- Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero doubled Argentina’s lead shortly afterwards
- Nigeria came back into the game when Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi struck
- Nigeria took the lead in Russia when Brian Idowu scored two minutes later
- Iwobi doubled his tally for the evening when he struck with 17 minutes to go
The Super Eagles came back from two goals down to overcome a Messi-less Argentina 4-2 in Russia.
With Daniel Akpeyi in goal, Nigeria which started the game with frayed nerves fell behind in the 27 minute after the keeper’s blunder handed the Argentines a free kick, which Ever Banega converted. Manchester city’s forward, Kun Aguero, increased the tally to 2-0 in the 37th minute.
Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi scored twice as Nigeria comfortably overcame the challenge of Argentina in a friendly on Tuesday.
Argentina were two goals up through Ever Banega and Sergio Aguero when the Super Eagles started their comeback.
Kelechi Iheanacho pulled one back before Iwobi levelled the game seven minutes into the second half.
Brian Idowu scored two minutes later to put the Super Eagles into the lead and Iwobi sealed the win 17 minutes before the end.
Health scare for Aguero
There was concern for Aguero when he collapsed during Argentina’s defeat by Nigeria in Russia on Tuesday.
Aguero is said to have fainted at half time before he was replaced by substitute Dario Benedetto.
Manchester City, who play Leicester on Saturday, are awaiting medical reports before the striker returns home.