We are SGI Limited, (company registration number RC 341816). At SGI (Itemsgalore), we take your privacy seriously. Please be assured that we will safeguard any information that you provide and will never release your personal details to other companies without your express permission.
By browsing and using our website you agree to this policy governing your use of the website. If you do not accept this policy, you must not use our website.
Collection of personal information
We would like to use your registered details to contact you with relevant offers and services. We will only collect personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc.) which you have provided voluntarily to us either by completing registration or enquiry forms or sending emails to us. Please do not submit your personal data to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
When you register with Itemsgalore we may ask for the following details:
– Your e-mail address
– Your password
– Your name
– Your home/work telephone number
– Your mobile telephone number
– Your street/flat number
– The region of Nigeria in which you live
Most of this information is entered into Itemsgalore’s customer database (we do not keep details of your password).
Further examples of where we may collect your personal information include (without limitation):-
If you book an advert or order a service from us we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently.
Use of your information
You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with our services and for our internal business purposes. These include (without limitation):
– personalising your visits to the site and developing the design and style of the site to improve our services to you;
– to inform you about the latest changes to our website, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
– communication (and personalising such communication) with you from Itemsgalore and other reputable and trustworthy third parties;
– informing you if you have been successful in any of the competitions or promotions;
– compiling customer reviews for market research purposes;
– to prevent you from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our sites;
– to enable third parties to carry out statistical analysis, technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf – including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising;
– for strategic development;
– for any purpose required by law or regulation; and for accounting purposes.
We may provide third parties, at our discretion, with certain aggregate statistical data about your use of our websites, which data may include demographic data such as age range and/or geographic location of groups of users. It will not include information that could personally identify you.
We may supply personal information to third parties.
We reserve the right to access and to disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by applicable regulatory bodies, to operate our systems properly or to protect either ourselves or our other users.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of Itemsgalore or SGI Ltd.
You consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of Economic Community of West African States (which may not provide the same protection for such information as Nigeria provides) in the event that the processing of your information involves such a transfer.
We may monitor and keep records of email communications which you send to us and other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our sites.
EmailAlert emails contain IDs that are unique to each user. Please do not divulge your password or forward EmailAlert emails onto others as they could access your personal details stored in Itemsgalore.
In addition to our safeguards, your personal information is protected in Nigeria by the Data Protection Act. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. Please help us to keep your personal information accurate by updating your registration details on the website.